My email has been filling up with press releases, articles, and stories about some really exciting fashion and beauty news lately, so I thought I’d share some of it with you. Here’s a snapshot of what’s catching my eye in my inbox:
1. Flash sale website shopping just got a little better. One of my favourite flash sale websites, Gilt, just made some major changes (if you’re not familiar with Gilt, I highly suggest signing up here). The already awesome discount shopping site now accepts handbag returns, refunds in the original form of payment on all orders, accepts refunds within 30 days, and is partnering with Saks OFF 5th to allow for in-store returns in the United States.
2. J.Crew just launched sunglasses for men and women. Prices range from $128 – $169 and come in 5 different styles.
3. Now is a great time to stock up on hairspray. AG Hair recently released a special edition of their most popular hairspray, Revamp, for a very good cause. 50-cents from each bottle sold will raise funds for AG’s philanthropic foundation, Women Leading Change, helping to educate underprivileged girls in Africa.
4. Holt Renfrew is ringing in the Chinese New Year in style. The luxury department store will be celebrating the year of the monkey with a series of special events across Canada; the full schedule can be found here.
5. Meet Birchbox Arrow. Birchbox’s second in-house brand features low-maintenance makeup and skincare products that are sized and designed to help you transition from work to workout to play.
| Images courtesy of Birchbox, Holt Renfrew, J.Crew, AG Hair, and Gilt | Note that the above Gilt link is a referral link, meaning I’ll get a small commission if you purchase something | Created with rStyle |