When designer brands join forces with more accessible labels, a match is made in fashion heaven. Maybe it’s spring fever, but love is in the air and limited-edition collaborations are popping up everywhere. Fashion labels found at the opposite ends of the market are joining forces to create beautiful and affordable collaborations, allowing the everyday consumer to own a designer item at a fraction of the price. These collections are made for each other, and go together like peanut butter and chocolate, Ross and Rachel, and yin and yang.
1) Roland Mouret for Banana Republic – Sported by celebrities like Jennifer Garner, Rachel Bilson, and Claire Danes, Mouret’s famous hourglass dresses will soon be accessible to the masses. Mouret is teaming up with all-American brand Banana Republic to create a limited-edition capsule collection designed to emphasize the female form. The 30-piece collection will be made up of figure-flattering silhouettes, and will include key items like blazers, pencil skirts, and of course, hourglass dresses. Prices range from $62 – $205, and the collection will be available at select Banana Republic locations worldwide and online August 2014.
2) Rag & Bone and Holt Renfrew – What do you get when you combine an effortlessly cool New York brand with a Canadian luxury retailer? A collection of totes that benefit Right to Play – a global organization that uses the power of sport to educate and empower children facing adversity. The totes were inspired by vintage competitive surf T-shirts, and all net proceeds go towards Holt Renfrew’s goal of raising $100,000 for the global organization.
3) Kate Spade , Jack Spade, and Gap Kids – Even the kids can sport designer collaborations in 2014; Gap Kids, Kate Spade New York, and Jack Spade are teaming up for a limited-edition children’s line. The stylish clothing for kids will be available online and at Gap Kids stores in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Hong Kong, and Japan. The collaboration is set to launch in November 2014, and will be a new category for both Kate Spade New York and Jack Spade.
4) MAC Lorde – MAC Makeup regularly teams up with celebrities for limited-edition collections, and their latest collaboration will be music to your ears. Available in North America on June 5, the MAC Lorde collection will be true to the Royals singer’s signature grunge style. The limited-edition products will include a deep purple lipstick named after Lorde’s debut album Pure Heroine, and an updated version of MAC’s Penultimate Eye Liner in cool Rapidblack.
5) For Sophia Webster and J.Crew, 13 is a lucky number. The British footwear designer recently collaborated with J.Crew to create a 13-piece capsule shoe collection, chock-full of the style and personality that both brands exude. The limited-edition shoes are true to Webster’s signature style, and feature quirky details, fun prints, feminine silhouettes, and vibrant colours. The collection is a collaboration in the truest sense of the word: it’s made up of Webster’s most popular silhouettes redesigned to highlight the colours and patterns found in the J.Crew S/S’14 women’s collection.
| Created with ShopSense | Photos Courtesy of the Brand |