In our fast-paced, technology-driven world, headphones have become an everyday accessory. From sweating out a stressful workday at the gym to video-calling loved ones, they connect us with the music we escape with and the people we love.
In addition to being an electronics accessory, headphones have also become a fashion accessory. Gone are the days of compromising form for function. Headphones are evolving as fast as the fashion houses and style-conscious companies that are now making them, and they sound just as good as they look.
1. Marshall Major Headphones, $135 – Embracing the style and sound of the iconic Marshall Amps, the Marshall Major headphones are built for comfort and sound. The fully collapsible headphones feature a vinyl headband and comfortable ear cushions, making them ideal for everyday wear.
2. Urbanears Humlan Wash and Wear Headphones, $60 - When life gets messy, throw it in the washing machine. Urbanears’ Humlan headphones feature a removable headband and ear cushions that can be washed by throwing them in with your laundry. The wash and wear headphones are available in ten colours, have a tangle-free cord, and come with a zound plug, which lets you easily share music with friends.
3. Skullcandy Hesh 2 Surf Stripe Headphones $89.99 - The Hesh 2 was created as an upgrade to the Hesh, one of Skullcandy’s most popular models. Available in a variety of designs and colours, the Hesh 2 focuses on supreme sound. To upgrade their classic headphone, Skullcandy focused on natural vocals, strong bass, and precision highs for a supreme sound experience.
4. Frends Layla Headphones in Gold, $149 - Made out of leather and handcrafted metal, the Frends Layla headphone is as good as gold. The jewellery-inspired conical headphones feature a soft-touch fabric cord, three-button volume and mic control, memory foam ear cushions, and a protective carrying case to keep your stud-inspired headphones looking sharp.
5. Molami Bight Earbuds in Stingray, $150 - Do you hate it when earbuds hurt or fall out of your ears? Molami’s Bight earbuds rest securely in your ears by using the EarClick system, which secures the earpiece at two separate points in the ear. Made out of soft napa leather, their small size and lightweight construction makes them a stylish choice for music on the go.
Disclosure: media samples were provided by some brands for editorial consideration