Green Tea is known for having numerous health benefits but do we know what they really are?
Green Tea contains Catechin polyphenols and Epigallocatechin (EGCG) which is a very powerful antioxidant. It’s also known to lower cholesterol and inhibit abnormal formation of blood clots which in turn prevent health problems such as heart attacks and strokes. The Catechin in particular, can also help kill bacteria when one is down with food poisoning. It’s also known to help cleanse your system as well.
- Boosts metabolism
- Contains a type of antioxidant which aids in burning fat
- It’s said to be 100 times more effective than Vitamin C
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Helps speed up the recovery of cells
- Promotes longevity and anti-aging, keeping skin looking youthful
- Represses angiotensin which causes high blood pressure
- Boots immune system
- Prevents the risk of having cancer
- Helps relieve stress and anxiety
I hopped on the green tea bandwagon about 8 months a go and do feel that It’s benefited me quite a number of ways. For one, it has taught me to appreciate having tea without any sugar at all. I used to add sugar to almost any tea / coffee that comes my way and too much sugar isn’t good especially because I’m trying to keep a relatively healthy diet.