When it comes to décor, my style can be described as whitewashed with a sprinkle of vintage charm and a dash of French sophistication. My friends and family joke that I can turn a standard household item into a stylish accent piece by painting it a high-gloss white, which is exactly what I did with some of my favourite thrift store scores: vintage bottles, glass vases, brass picture frames, intricate mirrors, and even my bedroom set have been doused in numerous coats of white paint to help me create the décor of my dreams.
Considering my love for everything white, it’s no surprise that the holidays are one of my favourite times of the year. White décor makes an extended appearance, and stores are full of festive holiday accents like glittering ornaments, scented candles and cheerful wreaths. The holidays are the perfect time to embrace winter whites, and if combined correctly, create an inviting, serene environment. Whether you’re decorating for the holidays or just love decorating with white, keep these tips in mind to create the winter wonderland of your dreams:
1. Add subtle pops of colour with soft, powdery hues like light grey, smoky pink and faded mint
2. Combine different shades of white like eggshell, cream, beige, or ivory to instantly warm up a monochromatic room
3. To prevent your white room from looking cold and clinical, incorporate soft, cozy lighting
4. Add depth by using white decor with varying finishes like matte frames, glossy photos, fluffy pillows, intricate mirrors and sheer curtains
5. Sparkle isn’t just for the holidays; incorporate metallic and glitter decorative accents into your home for year-round cheer
Urban Barn offers a stunning array of contemporary furniture, home decor and accessories that will look right at home in your place, for years to come. By shaking up a winning cocktail of great design, quality and value with liberal splashes of fun, they’ve become a true favorite of the style conscious shopper.
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Urban Barn via Glam Media Canada. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Urban Barn.